Sports massage in the Northamptonshire area
Sports massage is a systematic manipulation of the soft tissue of the body that can focus on muscles relevant to a particular sport or activity. Commonly it is used to prepare or recover for exercise and to aid recovery from injury.
Benefits can be:
- Increased muscular flexibility
- Increased joint range of movement
- Improved recovery from sports injuries
- Increased circulation for tight or tired muscles
- Increased neurological excitability
- Reduces tension
- Releases endorphins, thus stress relieving
- Readies the body for activity
- Recover and repair soft tissue injuries ‘Prerehabilitation’
Manual therapy is where the Sports Therapist applies forces directly to the musculoskeletal system. The aim of manual therapy is to restore pain-free full range of motion. Manual therapy is used to correct abnormalities. Each abnormality detected in the clinical assesment must be considered as a possible contributor to the patients symptoms and signs.
Manual therapy can be applied to joints, muscles (including tendons and fascia) and neural structures.
Joints: Mobilisation, Manipulation and Traction
Muscles: Soft Tissue Therapy, Muscle Energy Techniques
Neural Structures: Neural Stretching
If you require a sports massage or any other Sports Therapy treatment, please contact us on 01933 664444.